Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It's a Mind Change

While looking in the mirror brushing my teeth getting ready for work, I still had not put on my shirt yet because I could not make up my mind what I wanted to put on, I was startled by a quick glimmer of something that I saw...
I saw this muscular, cut looking man with locs down his shoulder. I almost jumped! Then just that quick the vision was gone. It tripped me out! I was like, "what was that about?" I sometimes jokingly say, "If I looked as good as I thought I did I would be a baaaaaaad man!" But there is some truth to my little joke, our journeys often fail or succeed based on what our minds see.
With these thoughts running through my mind I was reminded of the creation account in the Word of God. While still in the process of creating He looked at what was done and "SAW that it was good". (Genesis 1:1-25) WOW! Here things were not completed yet but what He saw "it was good". How do you see yourself? What is the vision that you have? When you look in the mirror is it always about what you see that is NOT right or done or finished or can you say that what you "see" is good?
When I "see", I "see" that I have not arrived at my journey's final destination yet and this keeps me traveling and improving. BUT I also "see" GOOD! Seeing the good keeps my mind and my soul refreshed and keeps them from being or becoming disappointed and discouraged. My body-perfection is not based on what others see because one day you can look good to them and another you don't... But how you see yourself can be everlasting!
I am not talking about empty vanity but a true God given pride and true appreciation of this wonderful person called you that God has allowed to be born into this world! I am also not talking about being delusional about those things that need to change, that is just insanity... What I am saying is that our weaknesses, flaws and imperfections with God's help and direction AND our staying disciplined and focused, doing our part in this journey will help to give us the ability to "see" the good especially in those times where it seems like everything is fighting against you and your journey... You can step back and stand tall and say I have not arrived yet and the journey is not over but what I see is GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment